Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Remarkable People

“Blogging is to writing what extreme sports are to athletics: more free-form, more accident-prone, less formal, more alive. It is, in many ways, writing out loud.” Andrew Sullivan.
“Not only are bloggers suckers for the remarkable, so are the people who read blogs.” Seth Godin

I have been reading through this blog with a little regret that I have paid so little attention to it recently.  I guess I done went and got a life that is so full and busy that I didn't have time to write about it.  However, I have missed the habit of sharing here.  And I have missed reading the blogs of my remarkable friends.

I have been reading the posts from 2009 onward without judgement and with very little editing even though in some of the shares I am a little crazy or self-absorbed or depressed.  However I have found some of the posts pretty remarkable so I let them all stand as they are.

I am doing some very important editing however, by replacing over a hundred photos that were wiped out of the blog when I deleted them off Google Plus.  I didn't know G P and Blogger were connected like that. I was horrified to discover black boxes in the blog where my pictures once were, especially the pictures of art.  I really have issues with cloud storage especially when I don't even know that my stuff is in the cloud and can be inadvertently removed.... by me.  I think social media should tell me things like that.  I have had trouble with this in other clouds with other files.  I prefer to save everything the old fashioned way with SD cards and flash drives.  Clouds make me nervous.


A fish named George Acrylic 8 x 8 inches
Little by little, as I am restoring the photos, I am becoming inspired to start writing again. I won't make any promises but I hope to become a regular in this spot again where my old friend the Blog lives. I have some posts in drafts that have never been published so can start with those and see how it goes.

I will continue with the format of using related quotes and if I have no photo to illustrate the story I will include some of my art.  So stay tuned...




No comments:

Post a Comment