Friday, October 12, 2018

Things....

“Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.” ― Robert Brault
Two of my favorite things are my steering wheel and my Remington rifle. ~Dale Earnhardt

I read a blog post by the author J. B. Rowley and I was inspired to use her format to write my own.

THINGS

Things that excite me:  oil painting, designing, summer, gardening, bargains, traveling, sunshine (except in winter as that means bitter temperatures), family and friend gatherings, meaningful conversation, learning, out of town visitors, social events, seeing surprising beauty, history, unexpected money....

Things that annoy me:  group texts, forwarded links videos and chain letters, storage clouds, photos of waterfalls where the water is blurred, folks uploading art and photos from the internet and posting them without artistic or photo credit--it's not nice to do that, misleading information, math, the assault of advertising, paperwork, duck lips, people who believe everything they read without researching, malware, monkeys, fine print, fitted sheets with elastic all around--how can I tell the end from the side?.....

Things that I hate: abuse of all kinds to all creatures, false news and propaganda, arrogance, cancer, addiction, suffering of those I care about, bigotry, persecution, deception, greed, winter, my electric can opener and printer; disrespect, men who say they are single when they are not, rejection, dating scammers, loneliness, pain....

Iris Oil 8 x 10
Things that I love: Jesus, family, friends, my cat, being an artist and the following in no particular order: laughing, Music, gardening, designing, home, flowers, books, lighthouses, historic buildings, socializing, road trips, flip flops, sunsets, fishing, hot water, summer nights, my studio, fajitas, the moon, the ocean, coffee, my town, making new friends, electric blankets, dark chocolate....

Things that soothe my soul: prayer, laughter, encouraging words, quotes, perfect weather, recovery meetings, music, church, reflections on water, spending time with those I love, trees, hugs, cat cuddles, a good book, creating, dancing,
inspiring movies, beaches, serving others...


No comments:

Post a Comment