Thursday, July 29, 2010

No one can get inner peace by pouncing on it.

Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of mental illness.  ~Richard Carlson
Stress is an ignorant state.  It believes that everything is an emergency.  ~Natalie Goldberg

The last week has been intense, and maybe a little too exciting.  My goal was to get out of that paralyzed state of inertia caused by grief and move on with my life, but, phew, what a ride!  The week included my car breaking down, but my son fixing it, putting a house on the market then frantically cleaning it and calling on family to help, attending a weekend Pow Wow with Native Americans, disappointment in a relationship, having strangers walking though the house, finding a house I can see myself living in, dealing with banks, having friends help weed my garden, pain, a couple of emotional meltdowns, typing for the church, designing a mug for an upcoming event, completing the first painting in a year, flowers, sunshine, music, hugs, laughter, friends and family.  Life is good because God is in control.  We will see where my new life will take me.  Relax Max.


The painting is Goldfinch on a Cone Flower.  Oil on canvas panel. 8 x 10.


4 comments:

  1. So are you definitely moving? I hope everything works out just right for you.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've had a lot going on Maxie! Hope you've found a nice place for yourself. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will hold good thoughts for the sale of your house to just the right buyer... and also for a smooth move to your next address, whenever that may happen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful & complete expression Maxie " having strangers walking though the house, finding a house I can see myself living in... a couple of emotional meltdowns, ...flowers, sunshine, music, hugs, laughter, friends and family. Life is good because God is in control" Warmth is just flowing your way.

    ReplyDelete