Thursday, April 22, 2010

Rejection


I take Rejection as someone blowing a bugle in my ear to wake me up and get going rather than retreat. Sylvester Stallone
A rejection is nothing more that a necessary step in the pursuit of success. Bo Bennett

I don't have a problem accepting rejection in regards to my art. There are times that pictures that I submitted for publication or exhibit have been rejected. While I feel a little sad at first, I am able to shrug it off because I know that it is part of the process. I am secure in knowing that the gift God gave me is a good one, and that it just may not be everyone's taste--nothing personal intended.

In personal relationships, however, the sting of rejection is powerful, and I take it hard. I can find the roots of that in past toxic relationships. I realize that I need a better perspective on this, and to remember, "People don't do things to me, they do things for themselves." As I am a work in progress I can use these experiences to move onto successful living, rather than let them paralyze me. Now if I could just figure out how to do that.

The painting is Cherries. I finished this painting some time ago and didn't like it so I put it away. I got it out a few years later and saw what was wrong with it, so I worked on it some more vastly improving it. I love how the lace turned out and the sunflowers. The thing that gave me the most trouble? The fabric and the clump of three cherries!!

4 comments:

  1. Yes, the lace is beautiful...and I love the way it's caught up under the teapot. That could not have been an easy effect to create.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Much pleased to note that "While I feel a little sad at first, I am able to shrug it off because I know that it is part of the process" - its pretty demanding initially - gradually we figure out our strategy & resolve. Thanks for sharing Maxie

    ReplyDelete