Saturday, May 8, 2010

Change

All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another. ~Anatole France
If nothing ever changed, there'd be no butterflies.

I am feeling a little sad about the blog tonight, as things seem to have shifted. I am running out of art that I want to show, and since I am feeling better I don't have much earthshaking to share. What this really means I am moving through another change--into wholeness I hope; if this means things get boring, then so be it. I have my doubts about the boring though--my life has never been that, so I guess we will all just have to hide and watch....

I drew this picture, Art Teacher's Cabinet, in college. I had a professor that was a stickler about drawing from life rather than photos and one day I was at loss as to what to draw so I went into another room and found this odd assortment of objects in a cupboard, and I drew them; I didn't keep all my drawings from school but I like this one. This teacher used a lot of bottles as subjects for pictures and this may be where I discovered my love for drawing and painting glass.

2 comments:

  1. I like this one, too. Amazing to think you drew that while in college. That couldn't have been easy to capture.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply a pleasure to read Maxie " I am feeling better I don't have much earthshaking to share. ... -into wholeness" who needs a little lamp, when the dawn is breaking - as Tagore sahib said!

    ReplyDelete