Monday, May 10, 2010

Women Healing

There is a special place in hell for women who do not help other women. ~Madeleine K. Albright
Women are never stronger than when they arm themselves with their weakness. ~Marie de Vichy-Chamrond, Marquise du Deffand, Letters to Voltaire
Because of a history of living with toxic relationships, I go to a lot of Twelve Step meetings, but the one group I am beginning to love best is a women's meeting; we share in there on a level that is impossible to do in a room with men in it. Sorry guys, but there is no one who understand the level of a woman's pain, but another woman. But by this kind of sharing we can find healing, and when a girl is healed and whole, all will benefit--including the men in her life.

This is Snapdragons. I think it is a mediocre picture, but the redeeming factor is the watering can, which is excellent. However, I learned a lot from doing this painting so therefore it is extremely valuable.

1 comment:

  1. very beautiful work, it makes me feel good to look at it. the womans meeting is getting awsome and can only get better as we bond, it is my favorite too! hugs, Sandi

    ReplyDelete