Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Grit


When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hold on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn. Harriet Beecher Stowe
The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person's determination. Tommy Lasorda
I am planting my garden, and I still haven't fully recovered from the hip problem and garden chores are difficult. But the garden is part of my art, and I love being outside, so letting everything go to seed is not an option. So I am determined to get it done. I know that it will get easier and I will be glad I persevered.

The picture is Nevada. I took a photo out the back window of a restaurant in Virginia City NV. I think the street was paved but I changed it to dirt and I didn't like a house on the right, so I replaced it with a house from a picture taken in Oklahoma. Because I was looking down on the scene, to help it make sense, I painted a hill the foreground that the viewer is supposed to be standing on. This was one of my husband's favorite pictures.

3 comments:

  1. So uplifting to see you.."determined to get it done. I know that it will get easier and I will be glad I persevered" Its contagious Maxie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this one, as I like all of your landscapes.

    =)

    ReplyDelete