Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Emotions

Nez Pierce Pencil 8 x 10

All men were made by the Great Spirit Chief. They are all brothers. Chief Joseph

Tonight I can't define my emotions because they are jumping around, from sadness to the joy of fellowship with friends, and back again. I have been deeply moved how God shows himself in my life, and the friends He has given me. I also realize I am still dealing with a lot of pain. I don't really know what to say beyond that.

This is a drawing I did many years ago, one of the few early works that survived my chaotic life. It is titled, Nez Perce, and is a picture of Chief Joseph. Something about his story touched me. He is a man who understood disappointment and pain. Maybe I will meet him one day on the Other Side, where all men will truly be brothers.

No comments:

Post a Comment