Thursday, March 4, 2010

Anything's Possible

Once you choose hope, anything's possible. ~Christopher Reeve
Today is my 29 year anniversary in Al-Anon. I was a lost and confused girl in a lot of pain in 1981, and my life has been transformed by this program. In spite of the years of recovery, I have had to do today what I did many years ago to find help and relief from the pain my life today; I will never get well enough that I won't need the Al-Anon program. But that's the good news.

I had a wonderful day hanging out with recovery friends, laughing a lot and feeling loved. I am left with feeling a great deal of hope that something wonderful and exciting is going to happen to me soon.

This is one of my reference photos--in fact I did use it to created a painting. It was taken early in the morning and I used a spray bottle to add the droplets of water to look like it had just rained.

No comments:

Post a Comment