Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Blessings

May the sun shine, all day long,everything go right, and nothing wrong.May those you love bring love back to you,and may all the wishes you wish come true!~Irish Blessing
When I sit down here to write at night, sometimes I have no idea what I am going to say. Tonight I decided that I am going to focus on the blessings in my life. I might forget about them and start whining tomorrow or next week, but tonight it is time for blessings. For a number of years I have been part of a small gratitude group where we exchange brief lists of what we are grateful for every day via email. Not only has it allowed me to get to know people better, that daily act has transformed my life. While this blog is not always upbeat, (remember, I promised it would be real) today I decided it would be.
The Blessings: The gifts of art, and writing; a sense of humor that lifts my spirit and entertains others; friends who share their time, and possessions and all their love with me--I can always find an ear or shoulder when I need it; my family, especially grandchildren; my health--only a couple of minor issues; my home--there are those who have none; my car--older and a little dinged up but it is reliable, has a lot of power and has stereo to play loud rock 'n roll; a garden that I will be working in soon; a dog who thinks I am the cat's meow; a cat that meows; African violets that bloom in the coldest weather; that people actually read this blogs; books and MUSIC. These are only a few of the things I am blessed with. Remind me if I start whining.

This painting is Chrystal Falls. It was a commission--it don't do many commissions as I prefer to paint to please myself rather than someone else, but this one worked out, the owners were very pleased with it. I went to the Falls east of town and took lots of pictures. I chose take the pictures in the morning because I love back lit subjects--I learned that from the Impressionist who were magical with the light in their pictures. Like I said in a previous post, it is not true to life, but it is believable.

CWCW: I just had fun today which included: the pool, a meeting in the Fellowship, lunch with friends, hanging around the beauty shop being girly, dinner with another friend and playing games with her family. Love and laughter-- beats the hell out of crying.

No comments:

Post a Comment