Thursday, February 25, 2010

Acts of Human Kindness

If you haven't any charity in your heart, you have the worst kind of heart trouble. ~Bob Hope
Today I was able to extend kindness to a couple of people--just small things but I am pleased to be able to do so, because while I was so absorbed in my own troubles, many people extended large acts of kindness towards me; I have been surrounded with big-hearted people. It is OK to be on the receiving end of so much love and compassion when I am going through a hard time, but there is some point where I need to look up and see the need all around me and seek opportunities to give back a fraction of what I have been given. I love the way God loves me, and I am deeply grateful for the people he put in my life.
The painting is "White Irises." I saw them in a garden that I pass every day and I stopped to photograph them. I love the drama of the back-lit flowers with the dark background, and they made one of my favorite paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment