Sunday, February 21, 2010

Laughter is...

... higher than all pain. -Elbert Hubbard

I laughed a lot this weekend. I went to a friend's birthday party which was rich with entertainment and laughter. It was wonderful to honor someone who means so much to me, and to go to the party with other friends. I have made a decision. I am going to laugh, and have fun as much as possible and leave everything else in God's hands. There are a few things that have been making my heart heavy and as they say in the Fellowship, I am powerless to change them, so the only thing I can do is to surrender them to God (haven't I talked about surrender before? :o). You might have to remind me that I said this. I have been a bit too woebegone, and focused on my troubles, but I have been carried by the love, help and encouragement of amazing friends and it is about damn time I start giving thanks for that and raising my head to see the joyous things around me.

This is a picture of a mockingbird. There aren't any in this part of the world and I remember them from when I live in the South. This time of year I yearn for southern parts where spring comes earlier and it doesn't get dark as early there.

No comments:

Post a Comment