Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Raise the White Flag

Joy is a choice. It is a matter of attitude that stems from one's confidence in God--that He is at work, that He is in full control, that He is in the midst of whatever has happened, is happening, and will happen.~ Charles Swindoll

This is a painting on a moose antler, which I did for my grand-daughter. It was fun to do and I love the picture.

Today I had a very good day. It was highly social. Long visits with friends, hugs from others, emails, phone calls and IM. I made a conscious effort to focus on others rather than on my latest adventure. Could that be what helped me get in a better mood?

Since watching Joel Osteen's message on surrender I have been doing better because I surrender--I have raised the white flag! God, I give up!! I am surrendered at the moment. It is OK if I take any of it back in the next day or hour or minute because I will just surrender it again, and again, and again until I get it right. I am determined. I want to laugh and be happy again. And one day I will dance. I am determined! OK, I will surrender that too.

CWCW: I washed a load of clothes and got a hair cut. Socializing was much more important to me than chores. Oh, I did my nails--the color is "blushing bride". :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment