Thursday, February 18, 2010

Tears in a Bottle

I wasn't going to post tonight but I am drawn to this forum like a moth to a candle. I am discouraged because my surgery was canceled but I have to remember that I said that I was going to surrender to God. To do that, I need to stop placing expectations on how things are going to work out. In other words-- stop trying to write the script. I will feel better about it in the morning; I always do--meanwhile it is OK to have a good cry. I never apologize for crying. After all the Psalms say that God stores our tears in a bottle and records them in a book.

I want to talk about this picture. My dad was Dutch and my parents made several trips to Amsterdam where his father was born. The photos I inherited were blurry, and poorly exposed but I created my own landscape by combining elements from different pictures and inventing the sunset. One day I will go to see these things for myself; meanwhile I can enjoy my vision of it. I would rather be moved by good art than by my pitiful difficulties.

No comments:

Post a Comment