Friday, February 26, 2010

I'm Movin' On

I've dealt with my ghosts and I've faced all my demons.
Finally content with a past I regret;
I've found you find strength in your moments of weakness.
For once I'm at peace with myself.
I've been burdened with blame, trapped in the past for too long.
I'm movin' on.
At last I can see (God) has been patiently waiting for me
And I know there's no guarantees, but I'm not alone.
There comes a time in every one's life
When all you can see are the years passing by
And I have made up my mind that those days are gone.
I'm movin' on. Rascal Flatts
On some levels, I still feel stuck in those things that cause me pain and confusion, but in other ways I am beginning to get excited about the new possibilities in my life. God has proved himself capable and willing to take perfect care of me even when I was stubborn and more willing to pout than to pray. God loves me enough to set me free--free from my fears, the bondage to self and my narrow views of life. I have been thinking a lot about the past and started writing down those stories in another blog to share with close friends; I think it is important to record that journey. This is a milestone year for me; It was 30 years ago in January that I stopped drinking and using and general misbehaving and surrendered to my Lord. Next month will be my 29 year anniversary in Al-Anon. I am ready to move on, past those things that keep me stuck. I will be a Phoenix, rising from my ashes soaring as a new Maxie. Just hide and watch.
This painting is "Ruffled Gown." Irises are so much like decked-out Southern Belles.

No comments:

Post a Comment