Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Decisions, Decisions...

The hardest thing to learn in life is which bridge to cross and which to burn. ~David Russell

I had to make a decision... I hate making decisions, but since I am responsible for my life, finances, home pets, and everything else, nobody can make decisions for me or even guide me in them; I have to choose whether to cross or burn the bridge. I can pray and listen to what others say, but the final decision is mine. Today I got a second opinion on the surgery that was scheduled for today and then canceled by my doctor. I didn't want a second opinion because I had to go to another city to get one. God had other ideas; He brought the second opinion to me. After explaining things and answering my questions, I asked the doctor point blank that if I walked into his office as a new patient, what would he recommend. He said since the surgery would only partially help my pain, he would recommend a less invasive course of actions, first. That is what I decided to do. I have such a relief with this new prospect that I realize that my intuition was telling me not to go through with this procedure. I have not yet learn to trust my gut yet. But applaud me that I made a decision. I am willing to let God bring me healing. I am happy at the moment.

The picture is of yellow warblers. What happy looking birds. I can almost hear them singing. Maybe I will sing with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment