Monday, February 1, 2010

Trust God, Clean House and Help Others.

Sunflowers in a Blue Vase Oil 11 x 14
I heard the title to this post in a meeting tonight and it has power in its simplicity, if I could just do it; it puts everything that is troubling me into perspective.

Trust God. I heard it said, "don't tell God how big your problems are, tell your problems how big your God is;" being focused on my pain, fear and doubt is not focusing on the Higher Power, limiting my expectations of Him. I put Him in a box. How do I trust God? Expect your every need to be met, expect the answer to every problem, expect abundance on every level, expect to grow spiritually. Eileen Caddy
Clean House. This tells me to clear out the rubble in my life that is blocking my path to peace and enlightenment, and preventing me from trusting God and helping others. If I am busy cleaning house then I don't have time and energy to let my thoughts scramble like squirrels in a cage. I actually feel better when I clear out a pesky thought or attitude.

Help others. This is self explanatory. When I am helping others I am not focused on my own problems. There are those who are in greater need than I, and there are those who are still lost in their own pain and addictions. There are those who need a hug or a smile or a shoulder or a word of encouragement. It does not require a lot to help others.

CWCW: Today I kept the clutter picked up and tidied the kitchen. The pictures of my art came back and I am now ready to put together portfolio. Most important, I spent time seeking God, doing a little internal house cleaning and listening to some people who needed to talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment