Friday, February 19, 2010

Artist License

What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies. ~Aristotle

I was painfully shy when growing up and as a young mother. I didn't make friends easily, and it became easier to isolate, escaping into books, projects and my own mind. Today I am grateful to say that I have many friends and continue to make more. OMG!! I may even be popular!! How did that happen? Tonight was a highly social one for me plus I received several phone calls during the day, and a sweet note in the mail. Pain pills slow me down, so today I only got one load of clothes washed, but I did work on the portfolio.

This painting is called Homestead. The house is one we lived in when my daughter was born in Oklahoma and the car--a '53 Pontiac--is what we drove then. The windmill, however, is from South Dakota. This picture is a compilation of different photos and my imagination. It is April when the buds are just coming out on the trees and a morning after a storm. Can you smell the rain-scented air and feel the cool damp breeze?

1 comment:

  1. Okay, that's it. I'm going to become a follower. Are you ever going to be selling your work online? If so, I am interested.

    =)

    ReplyDelete