Sunday, January 31, 2010

Refocus

Cape Disappointment Oil 11 x 14

"If you really put a small value upon yourself, rest assured that the world will not raise your price."


I reread my first blog entry, to remind myself of its purpose: to rebuild my life. In reading where I was on that day just over a month ago, I am surprised to note improvement already. However today my goals have shifted a bit, since I have a hip replacement staring at me in the face.

While taking care of my responsibilities and creating are still worthy goals, I need to prepare myself for this new opportunity-- mentally and spiritually; if I can shift direction in those areas, then everything else will fall into place. So some refocusing is in order. I will start with the following passage from The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron:

"Remembering that God is my source, we are in the spiritual position of having an unlimited bank account. Most of us never consider how powerful the creator really is. Instead we draw very limited amounts of the power available to us. We decide how powerful God is for us. We unconsciously set a limit on how much God can give us or help us. We are stingy with ourselves. And if we receive a gift beyond our imagining, we often send it back." 'Nuff said.


No comments:

Post a Comment