Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Chop Wood Carry Water

There is a Zen saying, "Before Enlightenment chop wood carry water, after Enlightenment, chop wood carry water."

Well, except for a little kindling, I don't actually chop wood-- Mary Rose does it. And I don't have to carry water, except in a little bottle to drink. But I get the Zen thing. While I wait for enlightenment and direction, take care of business.

"Put your heart, mind, intellect and soul even to your smallest acts. This is the secret of success." Swami Sivananda

So I am getting better about the "small acts" of taking care of business.

Today's CWCW: I tidied up the bedroom, did some detail cleaning in the kitchen, watered dying African Violets, cleaned out all the files and cleared the desk. OK, enlightenment- I'm ready.... I think....

No comments:

Post a Comment