Saturday, January 2, 2010

Wasted?

Today I could not get motivated. I will allow myself --a little bit-- being lazy, because I had so much fun and some sugar (which always makes me tired) the last couple of days, but Super Maxie tells me that I "should" have gotten some things done.

So I sat and thought. I read somewhere, that it is the mind's job to think and not to be too hard on it for doing so, but Super Maxie says, that I think way too much. I does tend to paralyze me.

I was thinkin about One Day at a Time. I once thought I knew a lot about that, but it occurred to me that a person can waste their life one day at a time. You gotta have a plan to go with that, or you are drifting one day at a time. Al-Anon's "Just for Today," says I can do anything for 12 hours that would appall me if I had to keep it up for a life time. But I read something that said that if we accept the unacceptable thing day after day we are indeed keeping it up for a life time.

I have been living one day at a time the last 8 years but I realize now I have been just doing it in survivor mode. Circumstances with my marriage were not ideal, but after trying without success to change them, I said, "Oh well that is the way it is, and there by day after day one day at a time I lived with the stress. Now, I don't know if there was anything I could have done about that, but since I gave up, I reckon I will never know.

So the purpose of this post is: I want to live one day at a time, but I need to set goals and develop a plan for living.

So this is where my thinking got me today. Hopefully tomorrow I will think less and pray more. And maybe next week I will get something else done.

No comments:

Post a Comment