Sunday, January 17, 2010

The God Box

Every evening I turn my worries over to God. He's going to be up all night anyway. ~Mary C. Crowley

Today I opened my God box, which I have had for about 5 years. I needed to put a very big item in and had to take the lid off. I decided to look at what I had written and as I read I separated scraps of paper in piles of "answered," "unanswered," and "in process." Two out of three of the prayer requests went into the answered pile!! How amazing is that? Only a few of them would fit in the category of totally unanswered, the others are ongoing issues.

What I read today was very revealing to me. While some entries related to tragic events or big problems, the rest showed how I engage in fear, often over inconsequential things. Today, I wonder, "why was I worried about that?"

However the God box has been an effective tool for me to let go, because I had forgotten about many of the requests. I also found I have put a lot of people in the God box. I even found a slip of paper written by my granddaughter, "I love you God and Mary."

So I wrote out all my issues and anxieties of the moment on a sheet of paper, and shredded it--so that it is just between me and God, and opened the lid to put it in the box. I also put myself in there... well, I wrote my name on a peace of paper--in clear handwriting so God will understand who I mean. I am looking forward to the answers. I love you God and Mary.

No comments:

Post a Comment