Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Golden Key

"Too much self-focus fosters our feelings of loneliness, and then with desperation we look to others to fill us up. The paradox is that we heal ourselves while offering our attention to another who is, by design, on our path". Worthy of Love by Karen Casey

A friend shared the above quote with me via email, and it was interesting that Pastor's message this morning was on focus. Focus on God. I think perhaps I have been a tad too focused on Maxie and her woes.

This reminds me of Emmet Fox's Golden Key: "...you must stop thinking of the trouble, whatever it is. The rule is, to think about God. If you are thinking about your difficulty, you are not thinking about God. To be continually glancing over your shoulder in order to see how matters are progressing is fatal, because it is thinking of the trouble, and you must think of God and nothing else. Your object is to drive the thought of the difficulty out of your consciousness, for a few moments at least, substituting for it the thought of God."

I am glad I still teachable.

Hey I have a birthday coming up!! You wanna guess how old I will be? Do you dare?

No comments:

Post a Comment