Wednesday, January 13, 2010

:o(

The life of every man is a diary in which he means to write one story, and writes another. ~James Matthew Barrie

Gosh, if that quote isn't true. I was talking with a friend and I realized that due to the stressful events of the last couple of years, I have lost my confidence and motivation. I had come up to a place where I needed to change my focus in my art, (How many irises can a person paint anyway?) and stopped because the prospect was just too daunting; I have just stopped everything, even the painting irises. Would it not have been better to just continue painting flowers than to stop altogether? At least I would have still had momentum. Just thinking about it knots up my stomach.

I also let a couple of dreams to slide by. One is that I wanted to become stronger and healthier physically. I just let that slide sometimes and it is a something that needs to be tackled on a daily basis--relentlessly. Guess what? Once you stop pedaling up hill, you start rolling backwards... or just fall over.

Philippians 4 tells us to give thanks in all circumstances. I guess I am too circumstance driven; and not only do I not want to give thanks, I tend to whine.

So I a little blue tonight. Hmmmm... Maybe I need to reread yesterday's post.

No comments:

Post a Comment