Thursday, January 28, 2010

I will Praise You in This Storm...

I almost didn't post tonight. To be honest I am having a little trouble dealing with the pain. I don't know how a limp of a few weeks ago degenerated into having to walk with a cane--with a hip replacement looming in my future; how the hell did that happen? But I didn't want to write if I wasn't positive and upbeat-- look at what I wrote last night and in previous posts about positive thinking, however, I remember what I wrote at the start of this blog, that it would be real. So tonight I am real. Tomorrow is another day and I will probably have another outlook, but now I am hurt and scared.

However I can't ignore one of the basic tenets of my faith--that God is in charge. I may kick and scream against it, but He is sovereign and not only that, He insists that we give thanks in all circumstances. So I am playing over and over the song by Casting Crowns, I'll Praise You in this Storm. It always calms me. Some of the words and the video link are below:

"I was sure by now, God, that You would have reached down and wiped our tears away, stepped in and saved the day. But once again, I say amen and it's still raining. As the thunder rolls, I barely hear You whisper through the rain, "I'm with you." As Your mercy falls I raise my hands and praise the God who gives and takes away.
Chorus: And I'll praise you in this storm and I will lift my hands, for You are who You are, no matter where I am and every tear I've cried You hold in your hand. You never left my side and though my heart is torn I will praise You in this storm.
I remember when I stumbled in the wind, You heard my cry to You and raised me up again; my strength is almost gone-- how can I carry on if I can't find You and as the thunder rolls I barely hear You whisper through the rain "I'm with you"and as Your mercy falls I raise my hands and praise the God who gives and takes away." Mark Hall http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHdcyue0bSw

No comments:

Post a Comment