Thursday, January 14, 2010

Twas the Night Before my Birthday



Because time itself is like a spiral, something special happens on your birthday each year: The same energy that God invested in you at birth is present once again. ~Menachem Mendel Schneerson

Oh, wow!! I love that quote. I am not bashful about telling people it is going to be my birthday. I used to remain quiet hoping people would remember and than pout when they forgot. Then I had a BFO (Blinding Flash of the Obvious) -- I forget people's birthdays too and people are not mind-readers. So if I want folks to remember I tell them. But it is special when someone remembers without being told.

I love my birthday, even though I am older, and some people don't want to think about getting older. I don't care about that; I just like having a day just for me. So I announce it. I am rewarded with blessings for doing so. Tonight I was told by someone that she was grateful I was on the planet and she invited me to lunch tomorrow--Mexican Food, Yea! Another person offered to make me a cake. It is going to be a great birthday. And I like the thought that God is still investing energy in me.

I spent a lot of time with friends today, which always does a lot to lift my spirits. I am braver about asking for help--I asked for a ride home from a guy when my car broke down.

Chopping wood and carrying water: I worked at the museum today (I do data entry into the computer in the research center of the Historical Society.) I had inherited a big mess, but today I organized it. All my paperwork has been kept in a box under a table; not only inconvenient but a tad unprofessional. Today I asked if I could have a little corner of the desk to put the notebooks and folders and fixed up a nice little place for everything.

So I will go to sleep thinking about God's energy and ask Him to show me how He is working in my life today, because I can only see it dimly...........

No comments:

Post a Comment